Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sunshine on My Shoulder

Makes me happy. John Denver was a modern day Faerie. That is so clear to me now. As a kid, he just seemed like this super far out Dude my mom listened to while making zucchini casserole but he has become something else to me now. He has always been there, standing still and quiet while I have flitted around, flirting with everything but the truth. He understood that beneath our Downy soft velour, our tight jeans, we are all in a desperate search for the sweet coolness of a Rocky Mountain High. I can now see John like this gentle Wizard, perched at the peak of a mountain, singing, strumming waving for us all to come join him. He is with me most during my early AM jogs as I slowly trace a small piece of the California coastline. I look further west and his soft focus face sits above the horizon, beaming like a recently lit doobie, brother.

Find your faerie, they are all around us.

2 comments:

Andy Lovecraft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy Lovecraft said...

I am thinking Zucchini casserole on a snowy day in Aspen could be nice. I could even wear my round eyeglasses and get a bowl-cut. Wasn't John the epitome of all that is good and honest about being an american?

 
Cornify